Friday, August 22, 2014

Welcome to Pedals & Pipework!

Hey guys! I just wanted to welcome you to my blog, Pedals and Pipework, and introduce myself.
My name is Nick. I am a young, single adult college student, and my passion lies in playing music, especially organ music. Since pipe organs are often difficult to locate, I have started to search for pipe organs in churches, concert halls, events centers, and the like near my home, and I always take pictures when I go to play a pipe organ--and almost always a selfie--of me with the beautiful new instrument I have discovered. I decided to document my excursions here so that all who wish to find a pipe organ in my area can do so. From time to time, I will also post other organ or music-related things that I enjoy and find uplifting, to share my love of music with all who wish to hear.

Part of why I love the organ so much is because it is such an ideal instrument for worship. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, which plays a very big part in my daily life. The organ is a way for me to express how I feel about my Heavenly Father, and His son Jesus Christ, and to feel the presence of the Holy Ghost. The organ can express almost perfectly both the reverence I feel for God, and also the infinite grandeur He possesses. In addition, the organ is a powerful and versatile musical instrument, which is becoming less and less well-known as time goes on. There are so many things you can do with the organ that people just don't realize, and so much good classical and modern classical music written for it that isn't very well-known.

I hope you enjoy my posts and photos. I will start posting pictures from the organs I have already played on a regular basis, and when I play a new organ, I will post the pictures immediately. Please be kind and polite in the comments, and if you have feedback or any comments or questions for me, please feel free to use the contact form to the right under "Contact the Author" and I will respond to you in a timely manner.

Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment